Advertisement

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Do You Underestimate Your Child’s Potential? | Prospering with Aspergers

Do You Underestimate Your Child’s Potential? | Prospering with Aspergers: "Autism: Never Underestimate Your Child’s Potential
Last June, my son Jeremy graduated from high school and gave a commencement speech (you can hear it here) in which he highlighted his goals of following in Helen Keller’s footsteps of becoming a college graduate, writer and advocate.
Parents often write to me and ask me how I did it–how I got Jeremy to where he is today. It’s not an easy question to answer. But at the end of the day, I think there are three core beliefs that kept me going:
1. Every human has potential.
As his parent, it was ultimately my responsibility to ensure that Jeremy reached his potential, whatever that might be."

No comments:

Post a Comment