Advertisement

Sunday, June 5, 2011

House On Fire: Thoughts on Saving the World: CHILD HUNGER -- THE SCOURGE OF THE PLANET

House On Fire: Thoughts on Saving the World: CHILD HUNGER -- THE SCOURGE OF THE PLANET: "What do you do if your child says to you 'I'm hungry'?

Or, if you don't have a child, what do you recall happening when you said this when you were a kid?

In most cases, I'd assume, Mum/Dad arranged a snack -- or advised you to get it yourself.

Well, guess what: For a lot of kids, food is a luxury. And I'm not even talking about the Third World nations that the 'developed world' has so callously exploited and plundered.

Right here in the United States we have our own Third World. I'm not kidding. The distribution of wealth is that criminal -- and has been from Day 1. An alarming number of kids are regularly without enough food. I've read varying reports but I think you'd be pretty safe in saying that something like one in four kids goes to bed hungry at night in America."

No comments:

Post a Comment