Advertisement

Sunday, October 23, 2011

anne bentham

anne bentham: "The War on Kids

"The War on Kids shows how American public schools have failed in their mission to provide education, erode the country's democratic foundation by denying the most basic civil rights to youth, and often resemble prisons."

The film focuses on public schools and while my issues with education are much broader, I did learn quite a few things from watching it. The main thing was the connection between antidepressants and every single school shooting in the country. It's shocking. Although, it makes sense why people don't really talk about things like that. I remember withdrawing from an antidepressant cocktail as a teenager. It's mentally excruciating and luckily for everyone around me I have the personality type that internalizes things like tha"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment